When you have decided to read on this blog, I believe you are planning to set up your first-ever private limited company. This blog is going to explain to you how you can register a company in Malaysia. Firstly, to register a Sdn Bhd, you will need to engage the service of a company secretary to help you to complete the company registration process.
Sdn Bhd is the short form of Sendirian Berhad, also known as a private company limited by share. According to Company Act 2016, every Sdn Bhd company must appoint at least one company secretary on the Board, and the registration can go through a local certified company secretary.
Once you have engaged with the certified company secretary service provider, e.g., Bizsy, the assigned company secretary, will require the following documents or information from you to proceed with the company registration process.
- New company’s name
- New company’s business activities
- Identity card (Malaysian) or Passport (Foreigner) of at least one director & one shareholder
- Residential & Email addresses of all directors & shareholders
- Shareholding structure
- MyCard / Passport for MyCoID account validation
- Authorization letter if your proposed company name contains controlled words or trademark
After receiving the above documents, the company secretary will submit the Name Reserve Application to SSM Malaysia to register the name in the new company. Once the new company name is approved, the company secretary will submit other documents to complete the registration.
The entire process of registering a Sdn Bhd company generally takes about 7 to 14 days.
- Register & activate account, company name registration – 1 day
- Prepare the documents for registration – 2-3 days
- Get signature approval of documents from all the directors and shareholders – 1 day
- Submit documents to SSM – 3-5 days
- Receive digital incorporation certificate from SSM – 1 day
We understand waiting and queuing in front of the SSM counter could be too much hassle, considering the traffic and overcrowded places that might have underlying threats for the spread of viruses and diseases. Bizsy is here to help incorporate your company online. You can engage with our professional company secretary and get everything done via a screen just in front of you!
Business made easy at Bizsy.
Contact us now to learn more about incorporating your company.